was assessed by the name of each proprietor of land, and gives names
of occupiers and the amount of tax liable. It was imposed
in England in 1693 and abolished in 1963. It established the qualification of landowners to vote, in the days before universal franchise, and the proceeds were often used by the government of the
day to fund conflicts e.g. the Napoleonic War against France. CHRG has transcribed the Land Tax Assessment for the Parish for 1832.